Not Just Another Cat Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Just Another Cat Forum

We hate WCF rules so this is our rebellion. ._.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Art of Death (WIP)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ReveriesInRed
Admin

The Art of Death (WIP) Empty
PostSubject: The Art of Death (WIP)   The Art of Death (WIP) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 2:51 pm

REGAL POST
December 20th, 1817

MURDER STRIKES FEAR INTO LONDON

This Wednesday, on the 17th of December, the body of a man was seen lying in the streets, a gaping wound found in the throat. Other injuries included abrasions on the knuckles to suggest a struggle had occurred. No further evidence can be released at this time, however, it is suggested that citizens stay inside after dark, to avoid further incidents. Regal Post is determined to convey the finds of the investigation as more information is released.

------------------

As the title and introduction imply, this is a murder-mystery roleplay. Since this genre is rarely utilized on the forums, my friends and I decided to jump on the idea before it actually did become a fad.

However, this mystery roleplay is rather different. There is no set 'plot'. We won't just be roleplaying a plot where everyone knows who the culprit is. This roleplay will pass in several connected sessions and "chapters", each one focusing on a specific murder or event in the storyline. A scenario will be established by one of the creators, and you must decipher clues and theories about the culprit by what your character can gather from the surroundings in the crime scene, or what they can observe in one of their suspects' homes or businesses. Codes, hints and leads might be dropped from time to time by one of the creators is we feel people  are struggling, but only we will know the plot, and your characters must work to find the solution. So all of that is clear? Good luck to you all, friends.

------------------

Table of Contents

Post one - Introduction
Post Two - Rules and Forms
Post Three -News and Hints
Post Four - Cast

Back to top Go down
ReveriesInRed
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Death (WIP)   The Art of Death (WIP) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 3:00 pm

Rules and Forms

- This is a literate roleplay. I'm not asking you to type a book per post, but remember, mystery novels depend on atmosphere and description! Therefore, this roleplay depends on atmosphere and description!

- Please be active! Hopefully, the creators and I can help keep this roleplay active and interesting for you to find it worth coming back to! But we need to meet halfway, and my friends and I worked hard on this roleplay, so we don't want to see it fail!

- No Mary-Sues or Gary-Stues! I'm sorry, but perfect characters will not be allowed! Be sure to give your characters interesting quirks, whether it's in looks or personality! Make them memorable in their own light!

- Pay attention to this one. Every night will be a roleplaying session. You can roleplay multiple things in one session, but when you leave for the night, your character must leave whatever scene they're in. The roleplay they had currently not been a part of will then skip to the end of the encounter, and the timeline will progress. This is to ward off the roleplay freezing.

- Please keep this roleplay PG. I know, I know. "Fukuro, this is a murder-mystery rp, why do we have to keep it PG?" I don't like it, you don't like it, but the mods insist on keeping everything PG, which is a double-edged sword. So no graphic and brutal death or gore descriptions, no adult content in regards to relationships and romance, and no vile words that you wouldn't say around your theoretical three year old sister.

- I'm pretty sure I covered all of my bases, but if I missed something, or you honestly don't understand something, please don't feel afraid to tell me or another moderator! We'll fix the issue or explain it to you to the best of our abilities!

-----------------

Username || Character Name || Gender || Age || Profession

(Description of your character. Include physical appearance, habits, likes and dislikes, and anything else you find worth mentioning. I won't require you to add a personality, since most people don't stick to the personalities they post in their original form anyway.)

[Password found in the introduction. Yes, solve my codes my little detectives!]

[Is it okay for this character to be killed in later mysteries?]
Back to top Go down
ReveriesInRed
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Death (WIP)   The Art of Death (WIP) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 3:01 pm

News and Hints

This post is where I'll post the upcoming events and hints for when everyone's characters seem...stuck. The hints can range from riddles to codes to suggestions, but are aimed to push the story progression in the right direction.

>>> [7/XX/2015] -- "Murder they Wrote" is now open to join!

----------------

No hints so far.
Back to top Go down
ReveriesInRed
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Death (WIP)   The Art of Death (WIP) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 3:02 pm

Cast of Characters

-----------------

Member Tracker

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Death (WIP)   The Art of Death (WIP) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Art of Death (WIP)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Not Just Another Cat Forum :: Roleplaying :: Human Roleplays-
Jump to: